Vision & Values
Our School Vision
'Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven' Matthew 5 v 16
Our School Values
Love, Perseverance and Trust
Westcott is a learning community that includes pupils, parents and carers, staff and Governors.
Westcott Church of England School’s aim is to provide a happy, secure and Christian learning environment in which every child can achieve academic and personal success. Each child is valued and encouraged. Not only do we aim to develop persevering learners, but also confident learners who wish to impact society around them by modelling the school’s Christian values of love, perseverance and trust.
Although our school values may be supported and shared by Christians and non-Christians alike, biblical references help our pupils explore what is distinctively Christian about each value.
Aims of Our School
- To promote in children a desire to understand and model our school’s Christian values, with a respect towards other world faiths.
- To ensure a command of literacy, an ability to communicate with others in a variety of ways and to encourage a love of reading.
- To encourage scientific curiosity and an ability to organise observational study.
- To develop knowledge and skills in all aspects of technology, whilst broadening understanding of its uses and effects.
- To develop mathematical skills and to foster and encourage exploration.
- To develop an awareness of God’s amazing world around us and its heritage, through historical and geographical education.
- To encourage an appreciation of the creative arts and to develop new skills.
- To provide an enjoyment of physical activities, drama, dance, movement and mime and to teach games skills.