It is very important that children come to school looking smart and feeling ready to learn. We have a high standard of dress because school uniform helps children to maintain good behaviour and encourages them to take pride in their appearance.
All pupils are expected to wear school uniform at all times, although Nursery children are not expected to wear a tie, apart from on special occasions & church services.
Please support the School’s uniform policy:
There is also a specified PE kit which children are expected to wear to school.
The agreed School Uniform is:
- Grey pinafore dress, skirt or trousers
- Red jumper or cardigan (branded ones available).
- White shirt with school tie or white polo shirt (branded one available) tucked in.
- Plain Tights (grey or red) or plain socks (grey or white with skirts, grey only with trousers/shorts).
- Black shoes which children can fasten themselves (no heels or open-toed shoes/sandals)
- Summer uniform – red checked or striped school dress with white socks or grey short trousers with grey socks.
- Sun cap (branded one available)
- Outside coat/raincoat suitable to the weather conditions which the children can so up themselves (branded one available).
- Red PE T-shirt (branded one available)
- Red or black shorts
- Trainers for outside PE
- Plain jogging bottoms (blue or black)
- Plain Jogging top / hoodie (blue or black)
- Water bottle
- Red book bag (a branded one available if preferred) – ruck sacks are not permitted due to restrictions on storage.
All items are to be named clearly.
For Health & Safety reasons, we also expect that:
- Other than small studded earrings, no jewellery is to be worn in school including watches. Small studded earrings will need to be removed or covered for PE (tape to be supplied from home).
- Hair long enough to be in bunches or a ponytail should be tied back at all times.
- No make-up/hair dye/nail varnish to be worn at any time.
We are able to support children entitled to Pupil Premium Funding through our wide selection of nearly new & pre-loved uniform enabling all children to meet the uniform standards and have the correct equipment for school. Please speak to the school office for further details.
Branded items of uniform are available from the Bucks School Wear Shop, Southern Road, Aylesbury. 01296 422120 or via My Clothing at https://myclothing.com/
Unbranded items in the appropriate colours are welcome to be worn.
Parents may receive a letter if their child doesn’t wear correct uniform, or they have an incomplete PE kit.
If, for some reason, your child has to attend school not wearing the correct school uniform/PE Kit, we ask that parents advise the school in writing (email) as to the reason. This would be expected to be for a specific reason and only on a temporary basis.